11 Dec Trader Spotlight: Smart account management with Shrink My Taxes
Date: December 17, 2013
Time: 3:00 PM CT/ 4:00 PM ET
Duration: 1 hour
We are happy to announce that we are hosting a Trader Spotlight that is focused on addressing the tax and business structure issues that traders have to deal with when setting up their business. We are approaching the end of the year and a little trading account management goes a long way.
Steve Ribble, our panelist, is the founder and CEO of Shrink My Taxes LLC, a tax and accounting firm catering to the trading community. He is a specialist in trader taxation and trading entities. Steve is a highly sought after public speaker and works with traders from all over the United States, putting in place proactive strategies to minimize their taxes.
We will seek to address some important questions that confront traders. Some of these include:
- How are futures contracts taxed?
- Should I incorporate my trading business?
- If I file as a trader in securities, will that cause an audit?
- I have been trading for the past few years but have not filed a tax return as a trader. Can I go back and change that?
- I lost money trading last year. Can I claim the loss as a mark to market loss?
- How does the Net Investment Income Tax affect me as a trader?
- I am a profitable trader. How can I lower my taxes?
- If I file as a trader in securities, will that mean I owe self employment taxes on my trading gains?
- What am I allowed to deduct as a trader?
- How do I qualify for trader tax status?
We will also open the microphone up to the audience to generate a meaningful discussion. The webinar is scheduled to last just 1 hour.